Isabella was really grumpy Sunday morning and I couldn't bare the thoughts of sitting through sacrament with her and then sending her to nursery (for the first time alone). So, Justin went ahead to sacrament and then came afterward and grabbed the girls for their classes. I could have stayed home, cleaned up and had some much needed 'alone time', but there was something in me that knew I needed to go to Relief Society and so I did. As our relief society President stood up and explained that she was veering away from the subject she was 'suppose' to teach, I knew right then this was the answer that I was looking for. She began her lesson on self reliance and self purpose... she went on about how we need to do the things in our lives that keep us close to our Father in Heaven. Everything I know, but needed to hear!
Anyway, by now I am rambling. But it was an amazing lesson and much needed for me! I know exactly what I need to do to be in 'tune'... I just get caught up in the 'stuff' way to often... she handed out the words to Jenny Phillips song Nothing Matters More and I now have them hanging on my fridge... I hope they help you like they have me. I was feeling alone...like a horrible mother...terrible wife...and all I needed was Him- He is there. I just have to listen!
Nothing Matters More
Always in the back of my mind
Somehow I will find the time
To visit You (always soon)
To learn from You (sometime soon)
But in trying to be everything
I'm missing the most important things
To know You
To feel You
Help me just find the time
And remember my light
I will come to You today
Nothing will take Your place
I will push the world away
And I will run to You
Everything else can wait
Nothing matters more than You today
Always someone needing my time
Always something on my mind
Weighs on me
Pulls at me
Help me lay down my load
For what I need most
I will come to You today
Nothing will take Your place
I will push the world away
And I will run to You
Everything else can wait
Nothing matters more than You today
So, as I sat there bawling I thought this was such a perfect song and I couldn't help but share it with you! I know we don't all have the same Faith and beliefs... but I do know we all feel! We all have days where we feel inferior and this has helped me through these times... I love all of my friends and family and I know we all deserve happiness. I hope that each of us in our own way find that happiness. I don't know how I got through the few years I did without HIS help. I know He still protected and loved me and for this I am eternally grateful.
I will now get off my soap box...I love you ALL!!!!



7 comments:
Okay so I got on here to leave you a rude "don't text me on wednesday nights they are off limits comment..." and then I come across your totally amazing new post.. and I can't help but try and be kind of nice! So I love you and I'm so glad you shared your thoughts with me! Its so great when you listen to a lesson and you think.. that is just what I needed to hear! Love it! Goodnight, don't bother me tomorrow I will be busy.
:)
I loved reading that, Nikki. Thanks! What a beautiful song!
Nikki, I hope you know what an inspiration you are. We ALL feel like this sometimes. And it's true, it's so easy to get caught up in so many things in life it's like we really have to make a conscious effort to include the Lord sometimes. I guess we all just need constant reminders.
Thank you for this!! It's what I need to hear (read) today!!! :D
After Bailey was born I had really bad post-partum depression and what helped me most is knowing that the Lord loves us and that he will help us through the things we have to go through to become stronger. I love hearing about experiences like that. Thanks for sharing :)
Um okay so its not wednesday so you can text me now... oh wait i told you not to bother me today because I am extremely busy - holy crap you actually listened to me! Shocker! I am not going to make you a hotel reservation - sorry.
Thanks for leaving me hangin'
Don't try to make it up to me tonight :) ahh that sounded kinda weird huh! LOL oh I'm funny!!
What a great post! I love your honesty. I think we all go through times like this in our lives, and you're right it is so easy to get caught up in the "worldly" things. You are such an incredible and strong person. Hope to see you soon:)
Post a Comment