3.02.2009

Alee's Surgery

My sweet 6 year old had surgery today.  She did SO good.  She couldn't eat this morning and she never complained.  She was such an angel when she came to.  I still remember the first time she had surgery and she came to...oh man, I will never forget- she was pulling out her i.v.'s. screaming and yelling.  She has grown up so much and I am so proud of her...
Her surgery had to be scheduled last minute and Justin couldn't get work off, so my mom came. Alee and my mom have a close relationship and she loves my mom so much!


Alee and Grandma Deb-
Alee and Mommy-
Alee and her doctor-
Alee and her anesthesiologist-
So sad when they took her away...they call it the kiss & hug spot-
She couldn't decide on the flavor for her oxygen mask...she finally chose Pineapple :)-
Right after she woke up-
Alee and her sweet nurse-
On her way out to the car in her wheelchair-
In the car...feeling sick and tired-

7 comments:

reesekelleyandboys said...

Sweet girl! Love her, glad she is home and well!

laurie said...

I hate when kids have to go through stuff like that, wish we could just do it all for them.
She's one tough chic though:)
(and so cute!)

Shantel said...

Soooo cute. Is everything ok? She is beautiful!!!

The Hilton Family~ said...

Oh my goodness, i had no idea she was having surgery. What a sweetheart, she is going into surgery and still smiling. What a doll. I am glad things went well and hope she is on the road to recovery.

reesekelleyandboys said...

Good morning crazy mama - quit avoiding my phone calls and call me! Need to ask you something URGENT! No not really but still call me! :)

reesekelleyandboys said...

Did you get my oh you loved soo much email?? What did you think??

Mr and Mrs Smith said...

Oh Nikki you are just the best mom ever! Myah just had surgery, and I could have killed myself cuz I forgot my camara. What kind of mom does that? All those pictures were exactly what Myah just went through. Myah chose the cotton candy scent for the mask! I'm so glad Sophia and Myah are such good little buddies. It's so fun to drop her off at school and know she will be having a good time with a sweet friend. I love volunteering cuz I get to see them together. It's cute.