You can do what you want with this of course, and I don't know how much HBO takes compaints into account, but I found this info to be a little disturbing.
This is a show that the church has said it wishes HBO would not show. Leave your comments at HBO- here is some info and links:
Many of you may have heard of HBO's television show, Big Love. It came out a couple of years ago, and it shows polygamous families. When it first came out, the church came out with a strong statement against Big Love and Polygamy. You can see the statement here:
http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/church-responds-to-questions-on-hbo-s-big-love
However, as if the polygamy weren't bad enough, HBO has taken their unscrupulousness to new heights.
On Sunday, March 15, 2009 HBO will be airing a segment of their Big Love series that will show individuals dressed in full temple clothing (you can see the picture right in the TV guide itself), and they are planning on recreating the temple ordinances on public television. They have an ex-member of the church that is helping them make this ceremony as authentic as possible (you can see even from the pictures they have posted how closely they have replicated the clothing).
Please help stop HBO from airing such an offensive show! You can go to the link below to submit a comment to HBO.
http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=GeneralInformation&questiontype=generalInformation&questiontype=general
It's imperative that we get as many people to voice their complaints as possible before HBO airs the show. Please pass this information on to as many people as you can! It might not make a difference, but at least they will know how we feel and how disrespectful this is. I would feel this way if it were any religion...I think there are things that are sacred with all religions and I think those things should remain sacred, not something EVERYONE knows about. I hope that you will all write in (even if you're not of the LDS faith).
This is the statement that I wrote into HBO:
I am writing in regards to your upcoming show of Big Love. I am of the Latter Day Saint faith and as I understand, HBO is planning to show some of our most sacred and private services this Sunday on Big Love. While we don't want to be 'secretive' but rather SACRED, I find it VERY offensive that you wouldn't respect what we believe. I know our practices are all over the internet, but to have HBO come out with a show demonstrating our beliefs is outrageous and very offensive...I would only hope that if there was something SO important to you that everyone in the world wouldn't have to know about it!
3.10.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
you go girl!! thanks for sending that. I did the same.
You are one inspiring woman!! Like Kath said "You Go Girl!" I love love love the new blog... you are so creative, I wish I were you :)! JK, but I do love it, it looks fabulous!! Bye B.B. love you :)
Post a Comment