11.27.2008

So Much to be Grateful For...

At this time of Thanksgiving (like everyone else) I want those people who are most important to me to know how much I love them. I created my blog to use as a journal, but as you can see I haven't written in a while....anyway, I have been on a spiritual journey this last year or so and for this I am truly grateful. Though I wasn't a 'bad' person before, my life is SO different now. I didn't know that I could be so happy. That I could serve others and find happiness, that my life and my purpose here on Earth had meaning. I used to be scared to raise my family in this 'horrible' world, but now I can just hope that they will bring good and happiness to this world. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways and my life is completely different now. I would have to say that I am very lucky and I have been blessed with a GREAT life and so many opportunities, but spiritually I couldn't be in a better place now-a different place than I have ever been. I don't want this feeling to ever go away and I know the way to feel this way forever is to go to the temple. I try to go to the temple once a week. There are so many other things that I accomplish as a mom during the week, that I feel the need and more so, the want to go to the temple once a week. I know that there will be weeks that I can't and that is ok, but it is what I strive for. I am forever in debt to my Heavenly Father and I feel this is one way that I can show how much I love and appreciate ALL that I have been blessed with!! Without the Lord none of what I have would be and so at this time of Thanksgiving I am most thankful for my Father in Heaven...


My beautiful and amazing GIRLS- Aleesia, Sophia and Isabella. My sexy, hard working and best dad in the world. My husband! These 4 people complete me. They are my soul and life!! I love them more than words could ever say. They keep my life moving forward and they make me SMILE more than anything else. I couldn't have hand picked better kids and Justin is the best thing that has ever happened to me... I love you so much babe!! It is such a sense of peace to know that we will be together for Eternity--- FOREVER!! I can't wait to see what the next season of our life has in store for us. We have been through so much and I know that the rest of our life here on Earth will be amazing. Thanks for working so hard and always being so willing to provide more for us.



I love my parents so much, but my mom and I are especially close. My mom is the most amazing woman and I love her more than she will ever know. She is such a hard worker and she is always willing to help! I love her so much! We talk 10 or more times per day... she is such a GREAT grandma and my girls LOVE her SOOO much... she has taught me so much!! She is THE best cook and that is something I hope to learn too (sorry babe) She is my best friend and someone that I trust with my life!! I love you mommy...thanks for being the best mom ever!!


There are SO many people in my life that I am thankful for. I love ALL of my brothers SO much and though we have all had a tough few years, there isn't a day that goes by that I am not truly grateful to call them my family. I love all of nieces and nephews!! I hope that as time moves forward we can set aside our differences and that we will mend our broken hearts. I wish things could be the way they used to be, but who knows maybe I was young and just thought that life was 'perfect' then :)

I have the GREATEST friends and neighbors and am so thankful that I have so many people to call my friends! I love all of you!!

Thank you to everyone who is still reading, I hope that I haven't bored you. I love my life and I feel blessed to be a part of such a wonderful life! Thanks to everyone who has had such a big impact on my life. I can't wait to see what this next year of our lives has in store!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Nikki, I want to let you know I appreciate reading this.. I appreciate you posting this for people LIKE ME to see it. I was married in the temple many many moons ago after a life of confusion. It was honestly the best feeling and the best part of my life... I remember thinking the same thing, "I don't want this feeling to ever leave." And it is so hard to keep it... And as sad as this is to say, I have found myself in a place where I don't feel "it" anymore. I know what I need to do to get back there, it's just seems too far away. So the reason I am telling you this is, the feeling can leave in a very subtle way over time.. if you aren't keeping up the little things. I really do hope and pray that I can have it all back soon.. because when I read what you write.. you remind me of myself at that time in my life.. I am really proud of you.. it's so nice to view life in those ways! If you ever want to talk, please feel free to call.. plus we need to get our kids together!

Unknown said...

Nikki- You are so dang cute! I am so happy for you and your little family. That picture of your girls is adorable they are absolutely beautiful!

Sharlie and Raynel said...

Nikki, I loved reading what you wrote about your cute family and life! You have had such a great year! The Temple is such a wonderful place. When I first went to the temple I went all the time! I miss that so much!!! It made such a difference in my week and made me such a better person! Thank you for that reminder. I want to get back in the habbit of weekly temple visits. I know it will help me be a better mom and wife! I am so glad that you are so happy! You dererve it!!!! I love You!!!

Stephenson and Katie said...

I loved what you wrote! I am so happy that you are in such a good place right now... we really need to get together soon!

Sharlie and Raynel said...

Nikki Cute Christmas Cards!!! You have such Beautifil Girls!!!!

Brooke Jackson said...

Nikki, How the heck are you? This is Brooke Jackson (Thomas). I found your blog through a friend's blog. You probably know how addicting blog surfing is! Im so glad you guys are doing well. You all look so good. Your girls are absolutely beautiful! E-mail me so I can add you to my blog jacksonbrooke2002@gmail.com

Brooke Jackson said...

I just read your post and now I am sitting here bawling. You and Justin are so amazing. I love hearing about people getting to experience going through the temple. I agree with you. It brings so much peace to our lives as well!

Bella Marie Design & Photography said...

Nikki, wow you have really grown this last year. I am so happy for you. It is wonderful to see the changes this has brought you and your family. I felt so blessed to be a part of your special sealing day. We love having you as friends. Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration :)