12.04.2008

Festival of Trees


Yesterday, I checked Alee out of school early and we headed to The Festival of Trees. It was a little chaotic, but what isn't? Especially anything that involves nail painting, coloring, gluing and lots of people. Really, it was fun and the girls would still be there doing crafts if I let them :) poor Izee, she spent most of her time in the stroller. She WOULDN'T go to sleep, I tried everything!! She was being stubborn as usual!




My cute mother-in-law made the girls matching Christmas skirts to wear and they loved them! :) It was so fun looking at all of the beautiful trees, I made the mistake of telling the girls that most of the trees with pictures had a story. So, everytime there was a picture that meant we had to stop and read what had happened to the person or people. Anyway, I was bawling most of the time and then I had to explain a lot of things to the girls, but it made all of us so grateful for our WONDERFUL life!!

Tonight, we had Justin's family down for dinner and an early Christmas gift exchange with the kids. We had a blast! The kids were a bit hyper, but they don't see each other that often. We will miss you guys when you leave back to Arizona :(

4 comments:

ashlan said...

How fun. We love the Festival of tress, as always your girls are so darling. I love the matching skirts. We didn't go this year for the very reason that my emotions couldn't handle it.

The Parks Fam said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I have been wanting to go to the festival of trees! Hey, let me know of a good time that I can come get those shots for my mom. I lost your number in my phone for some odd reason, anyway let me know! THanks Nikki!

Ashley said...

You are the cutest mom!
I went to the festival of trees yesterday and it was chaos!
You're girls are beautiful I love our christmas card Thanks!

Brooke Jackson said...

I love the festival of trees! We might have to go. We used to perform there every year. They do have some way pretty trees.