9.07.2009

Labor Day Weekend...


We have been on plenty of getaways this summer. So, for Labor Day we decided to have a stay-cation!
We had a blast and spent lots of time with my family...we went swimming, out to eat, to the movies, golfing, ate at Grandma Deb's, had our annual Chili roast, played games, ate some more yummy food and laughed a whole lot!!



We saw the movie Up. I know we are a little late, but like I said we have been away a lot this summer and movies were not on our agenda :D Anyway, the movie is darling, but Alee is super sensitive-for those who don't know her. She has a very soft heart and she is emotional about people in her life getting old. So, about 2 minutes into the movie she is crying, 5 minutes later sobbing and by the end she is trying to catch her breath... I was almost laughing because she was so upset... I told her we could leave and she didn't want to. She is such a sweetheart; I love her and her sweet spirit. She told me that she doesn't ever want to watch that movie again... I guess her and Grandma Debbie can be bawlers together!
I love you Alee and I love that you can be sensitive...because most of the time you are too tough!

3 comments:

reesekelleyandboys said...

Silly Alee.. That is too cute though! There was funny parts in there too, did she not even laugh? I'm buying that movie for her for Christmas :)

Thomas said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHA SHUT UP!!!!

Sharlie and Raynel said...

Nikki you are making me look bad! Not only do you go on vacations but you also do staycations!!!
You are too fun! In my next life I want to come back as one of your girls!