10.15.2008

A Hard Day

Today has been a hard day for us. Justin's grandma passed away this morning. It is so crazy because she was with us at the temple 4 days ago. She was running and laughing... it seems so impossible. But she had a massive stroke on Sunday morning. When she didn't show up to our monthly get together everyone knew that something must be wrong. She had fallen by the door with her keys near her hand. She was the most amazing woman. She so badly wanted to be with her husband and I know that she is happy and watching over us. I am SO happy that she was able to spend Saturday with us... WHAT A BLESSING!!!



So, I have totally been struggling with Alee. She won't let me leave without TONS of tears and screaming... she is such a drama queen that I can hardly handle it! I love her so much, but I think we are way too much alike (or something)??? On Monday, I seriously drove off with her bawling and screaming, chasing after me. I am sure that anyone watching thought that I was THE worst mother.... but as soon as I was out of sight she was totally fine. I hope that this just a stage...I don't know how much more of her I can handle :)

My beautiful baby niece (not so baby) got married 2 weeks ago. She was so beautiful. Alee and Sophee were the flower girls... it was so fun!

3 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Nikki I'm so glad you have a blog now!! I've been hoping you'd get one so we can stay in touch :) COngrats on going through the temple- SO amazing!! You have a gorgeous family- we STILL need to get together!!

Ashley said...

Congrats doll face! You look stunning and what a gorgeous family! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. If I can do anything let me know. Love ya! I still need to give you your gift certificate!

Alexis Blackner said...

Hey you, I am glad that I found your blog. I talked to Kristin and she told me about their grandma, I am so sorry! Your little family is adorable!